The first gramophone record shops in Czechoslovakia
In 1927, the Prague-based company, owned by Gustav Sušický, retailing electrical appliances, radio sets and optical devices, began selling Avuston gramophones, produced by the then little-known Ultraphon firm in Amsterdam. In 1929, Ultraphon’s Berlin branch office made an offer to Gustav Sušický to become an exclusive dealer for selling gramophone records, whose production was being planned at the time. A new company, Ravitas, was established for this purpose. Initially, the discs, featuring international music, were imported to the Czech shops from Berlin. Records with Czech music would only appear later on.