- Talich conducts classic Czech works.
- Talich's 1954 interpretation of Smetana's cantata Czech Song on CD for the first time.
- Talich's composer friends - Josef Suk a Vítězslav Novák.Their pieces constituted a major portion of Talich's repertoire with the Czech Philharmonic.
- "Authentic interpretations of Suk's suite A Fairy Tale (1901) and Novák's Moravian-Slovak Suite (1903)."
- Music critic Karel Šrom, 1943: "Novák and Suk invested a tremendous amount of emotion into these pieces. Talich, who feels their works with them, invests the same into every performance. Each of Talich's performances is an attempt at uniqueness, literally inimitable."
Václav Talich - an incomparable interpreter of Suk and Novák
Czech Song. Cantata for Mixed Voices and Orchestra