- Sir Charles Mackerras is respected throughout the world as a Janáček authority, propagator, publisher and above all, conductor. He is celebrating his 80th birthday in November with a year fullof impressive musical activity.
- He has displayed his deep, lifelong knowledge of Janáček's music countless times both in the great concert halls and opera houses of the world, as well ason numerous recordings.
- Mackerras has received numerous awards, notably in recent years, the 2001 Gramophone Award and two nominations for the 2002 Grammy awards for his recording of Janáček's first opera Šárka.
- His Janáček recordings are also among the highlights of the Supraphon catalogue.
- Supraphon's January 2004 double album of Janáček's complete orchestral works performed by Mackerras and the Czech Philharmonic is now joined by a DVD of the monumental Glagolitic Mass. The DVD also features the overture Jealousy and the orchestral rhapsody Taras Bulba.
Sir Charles Mackerras' Janáček - a highlight of the Supraphon catalogue.
Glagolitic Mass for soloists, chorus, orchestra and organ after an old Slavonic text, 1st version